Tier 4 - Personhood Never
Billy Graham teaches that Christians should support the intentional killing of some children, thus he rejects the God-given right to life of every person from conception.
- Claims a Child whose Father is a Criminal Does Not Have a God-given Right to Life: In the 1997 edition ofThe Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook below, 1 Billy Graham's position is that, "We should accept abortion in these cases: rape or incest..." The "exception" for rape was the very reasoning that began America's holocaust in 1966 in Mississippi 2 3 in violation of God's principled command in Deuteronomy 24:16, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall the children be put to death for their fathers." (See also AmericanRTL.org/Bible.)
But if the pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life, you don't kill the baby, you deliver the baby. 4 And of course, an "exception" is a euphemism for a child intentionally killed.
- 145,536 Children Killed with the Consent of Billy Graham: The earliest public statement known by the Pro-life Profiles research team, from Billy Graham teaching that Christians should support the intentional killing of some children, was made in 1993 in a Time magazine article, God's Billy Pulpit, 5 see scanned image below. Not counting the children killed by abortionists under laws that evangelist Graham disagrees with, but only counting those whom he affirmatively states should not be protected by love or by law, the total number of actual young boys and girls in America whom Billy Graham supports killing is 145,536. The Exceptions Calculator determined this casualty count.
- Ignores Exodus 4:11 by believing an unborn child with severe abnormalities does not have the inalienable right to life. Exodus 4:11 says God makes the mute, the deaf, and the blind; but the 2007 edition of The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook Graham states, "Even sincere Christians may differ on whether or not abortion is ever justified, especially in difficult situations such as...when tests reveal that the unborn child has severe abnormalities." 6 Jesus obviously valued the handicapped and Billy Graham says they can be killed. That "sincere" justification for abortion is eerily similar to the godless Libertarian Party's national platform on abortion which states, "Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration." 7 Both Graham and the godless Libertarian Party attempt to justify someone's view that abortion should be legal in some cases provided that person is "sincere." Additionally, Exodus 21:22-25 shows killing an unborn child is murder no matter what abnormalities the child may have: "If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely...if any harm follows, then you shall give...eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." That passage does not say that because that unborn child is no longer a "designer baby" it is okay to terminate the pregnancy. That quote from his 2001 handbook also demonstrates Graham's moral slide over the decades. The 1984 edition of The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook allowed for no exceptions for abortion. 8 The 1997 edition allowed exceptions for rape, incest, or life of the mother. 9 Finally, the 2007 edition expanded those exceptions to include an unborn child's "severe abnormalities." 10 One can only wonder how much further of a moral slide the next edition will reveal.
- Revealed to NBC's Katie Couric that he is a life-long Democrat. The Democrat party is the party with the public litmus test requiring keeping abortion legal. 11
- Did Not Warn Christians of the Pro-Abortion Policies of George W. Bush: Billy Graham did not educate Christians about president Bush's repeated campaign promise that he would ignore abortion when nominating Supreme Court Justices. By his own policies, while President, George W. Bush supported killing, by abortifacients and surgical abortion, 3,340,600 unborn children. 12 Not counting those whom Bush would save who were aborted under laws and court opinions that he disagrees with, but only counting those whom he affirmatively fights for the right to kill, and those herefuses to make any effort to protect by law, the total number of actual young boys and girls in America whom George W. Bush supported killing is more than three million children. Far from issuing a warning, Billy Graham effectively endorsed Bush, 13 supporting a politician who held the same abortion position (rape, etc.) that began America's holocaust in the 1960s. Also Graham did not fulfill his duty to inform Christians of the many pro-abortion policies of George W. Bush 14 including that his judges voted to starve to death Terri Schiavo; that he and his two so-called "pro-life" predecessors nominated a majority of the federal judiciary which is overwhelmingly pro-choice; that although a consummate compromiser he refused to support South Dakota's 2006 abortion ban; that he kept his promise to not oppose RU-486, the chemical weapon designed to kill unborn children; that he was the first president to actually fund embryonic stem cell research; that he believes not every child should be protected by love and by law; that he supports the very position that started the abortion holocaust, that children of rapists can be killed; that he wanted to nominate pro-abortion Alberto Gonzales to the Supreme Court; that he hurt the Republican party by permitting only pro-abortion prime time convention speakers in 2004; and that he gave hundreds of millions of dollars more to Planned Parenthood than even Bill Clinton ever did. Billy Graham helped cover-up this horrific George W. Bush abortion legacy.
- Told America on NBC's Today program he believes pro-abortion Bill Clinton would make a good evangelist. (Fast forward to 6:07) 15
- Rev. Graham's son Franklin Graham announces approval of Romney and endorsement of Trump: On ABC "This Week," 16 Christiane Amanpour asked Franklin Graham to give his "preferred candidate" for president in 2012. He responded by complimenting both Mitt Romney and Donald Trump. He said of Trump, "Sure, yes. When I first saw that he was getting in, I thought, well, this has got to be a joke. But the more you listen to him, the more you say to yourself, you know, maybe this guy's right." 17 This, despite the fact that Trump has been publicly on record as being pro-choice even as late as 2009, 18 which contradicts his recent revelation in claiming he became pro-life many years ago. In the interview, Franklin also praised an even more demonstrably pro-abortion Mitt Romney: 19 "I've met Mitt Romney, and there's no question he is a very capable person, he's proven himself." Franklin Graham said he doesn't expect Sarah Palin to run, but in regards to his "candidate of choice," he likes both Romney and Trump – two Republicans who continue to lie to Christians about being pro-life even though they have been on record for years as being pro-choice. Sadly, he carries on the compromised legacy of his father, Billy Graham, in publicly praising self-professed pro-abortion, pro-homosexual and demonstrably socialist politicians.
- Franklin Graham's "Pro-family" Candidate: As fully documented here on Pro-life Profiles, and by his undeniable record, Franklin Graham's guy Mitt Romney:
- created RomneyCare which is terribly similar to ObamaCare but even worse for it openly funds all abortions, on demand
- put Planned Parenthood on the so-called "independent" board he created that offers $50 co-pay abortions
- thereby instituted tax-funded abortion on demand two years after his orchestrated "pro-life" conversion
- as late as 2012 says he would nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice John Roberts (who upheld Obamacare)
- continues to defend aborting hundreds of thousands of kids (denying their God-given right to life)
- supported destructive embryonic research after his false 2004 pro-life conversion
- put a pro-abortion Democratic judge on the bench after Romney had claimed a pro-life conversion
- falsely claims that a court ordered him to institute same-sex marriage, a travesty he is to blame for
- single-handedly instituted same-sex marriage and later fabricated a claim that a court ordered him to do so
- bragged that he would continue to defend abortion "rights" after he claimed a pro-life conversion
- denies responsibility for 10-member board funding abortion even though his executive branch filled 7 seats
- pro-choice in '94; pro-life in '01; choice '02; pro-life '04; choice '05; life in '06; then funded abortion in '06; and in 2012 he added a "health exception," the loophole opened by the Supreme Court's Doe v. Bolton opinion that allows all abortions, as in Colorado for example, throughout all nine months.
And for a similar tragic report, see the pro-life profile of another of Franklin Graham's guys, Donald Trump. Then, sadly, Pro-life Profiles reminds our readers that many "Christian" denominations defend the intentional killing of the innocent. For example, The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America says that it is the "number" of abortions that disturbs them but that "Abortion out to be an option..."
When Christians love one another they don't allow each other to fall into sin and continue in that sin. Unfortunately, the Billy Graham evangelistic association and many Christian ministries have abandoned that principle. Billy Graham never rebukes leaders that compromise on Thou shall not murder and they never rebuke him. Rather than encouraging each other to godliness, they look the other way, sadly treating the Body of Christ like a "good-ole boys club."
- 1The Billy Graham Christian Worker's Handbook (1997): page 19
- 2The State of Mississippi, 1966 Mississippi Code, page 661
- 3Nat'l RTL: Abortion Timeline
- 5Time article God's Billy Pulpit, Page 6
- 6Handbook (2007): page 21
- 7Libertarian Party: Platform
- 8Handbook (1984): page 15
- 9Handbook (1997): page 19
- 10Handbook (2007): page 21
- 11Cutting Edge: "Billy Graham soils his evangelist's robe..."
- 12Exceptions Calculator tallies Bush abortion toll
- 13Billy Graham at AllExperts.com (in Politics section)
- 14Prolife Profiles George W. Bush profile
- 15YouTube video
- 16ABC News interview
- 17The Telegraph article
- 18The Free Republic article
- 19Pro-life Profiles Mitt Romney profile