Tier 1 - Personhood Now
- Rohrbough Made Broadcast History on CBS: In the history of American broadcasting, Mr. Rohrbough delivered perhaps the strongest and clearest assessment ever of America's culture of death when Katie Couric asked him to address the Amish school shooting on the CBS Evening News:1
"I'm saddened and shaken by the shooting at an Amish school today and last week's school murders. When my son Dan was murdered on the sidewalk at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, I hoped that would be the last school shooting. Since that day, I've tried to answer the question, 'Why did this happen?' This country is in a moral free fall. For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing Him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequence and life has no inherent value. We teach there are no absolutes, no right or wrong. And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children. Suicide has become an acceptable action and has further emboldened these criminals. And we are seeing an epidemic increase in murder-suicide attacks on our children. Sadly, our schools are not safe. In fact, we now witness within our schools our children have become a target of terrorists from within the United States." -Brian Rohrbough on the CBS Evening News
- Columbine Dad: Brian became publicly involved in the fight to end abortion after his son Daniel was murdered2 at the Columbine massacre. (See American RTL's Columbine Massacre Information.) Within a decade of Columbine, nationally Brian was voted Pro-lifer of the Year. And see, as reported extensively by the mainstream media, Brian's words to his son Dan which appear inscribed in granite on the official Columbine Memorial.3 4 5 6
- Confronting the President: One month after Columbine, but before discovering the truth about the PBA ban, Brian personally confronted Bill and Hillary Clinton with an accusation that remains true, even with what the pro-life movement later learned about the PBA fiasco. Standing a few feet from the president and first lady, Brian Rohrbough said, "Mr. President, when you vetoed the partial-birth abortion ban,7 you became responsible for the murder of innocent children that is far more violent than what happened to our children." When President Clinton defended himself saying that he had to veto the ban because there was no exception for the life of the mother, Brian's wife Lisa told Bill and Hillary, "I am a registered nurse. And if the mother's life is really in danger you deliver the baby by C-section [Caesarean section], but you never stop the delivery to kill the baby."
- Exposing the PBA Ban: Brian signed a widely-reported Open letter to Dr. James Dobson exposing the PBA Ban which was signed by pro-life leaders including HLI's Rev. Tom Euteneuer, Operation Rescue National's Flip Benham, ALL's Judie Brown, and Ambassador Alan Keyes. This letter to Dr. Dobson ran as a full-page advertisement in major newspapers around the country. After publication of this open letter, Dr. James Dobson, who had been a leading supporter of the ban, conceded in writing that, "ending partial-birth abortion... does not save a single human life."8 American RTL has since documented that the PBA fiasco raised a quarter-of-a-billion dollars for the pro-life industry while wasting fifteen years pursuing a child-killing regulation that never had the authority to stop even a single abortion. The Gonzales v. Carhart PBA Ban ruling was one of the most brutally-wicked opinions of the U.S. Supreme Court. For the Justices to consider a late-term abortion permissible, the "ban" and their ruling requires only a four-inch variation from a typical partial-birth abortion such that the child could be pulled out to the navel, rather than to the neck, and then killed. This evil decision advises the abortionist that he can perform a text-book partial-birth abortion if, for example, the mother is over-dilated. The Gonzales v. Carhart ruling is effectively a late-term abortion manual that suggests various methods for the abortionist to use to kill older unborn children. Thanks in large part to Brian Rohrbough's leadership, the PBA Ban is broadly recognized as a failure of the pro-life industry.
- Vice Presidential Running Mate: America's Independent Party nominated ARTL's then-president Brian Rohrbough as Ambassador Alan Keyes' 2008 vice presidential running mate.9 10 11 12 13
- Influences Lawmakers: For example, Maryland State Delegate Don Dwyer cites a Brian Rohrbough speech as the reason that he now opposes abortion regulations and introduced Maryland's 2009 Personhood bill. As the executive director of the Institute on the Constitution Don Dwyer was in the audience when Brian Rohrbough spoke on personhood in this talk, Prolife Industry vs. Prolife Ministry.14 Months later, Delegate Dwyer gave this endorsement15 on Denver radio of the personhood strategy:
“It’s as a result of Brian Rohrbough's statements, and his commitment and conviction to this issue, that I’ve introduced the  Personhood Bill16 17 in Maryland. I can no longer support a piece of legislation that ends with ‘and then you can kill the baby.’18 And I want to make a confession. A year ago I would not have been able to say that. A year ago, I would have supported a parental consent piece of legislation, or any other legislation that was attempting, or at least giving the appearance of moving in the right direction. And I can't do that any longer. -MD State Representative Don Dwyer (or listen to statement)
- ALL Profile: Judie Brown's American Life League profiled Brian in their Celebrate Life magazine article titled, An Uncompromising Pro-Lifer! 19
- The Legacy of Judas: exposing National Right To Life as an organization that undermines the personhood of the unborn, Brian Rohrbough wrote The Legacy of Judas as a response to their longtime general counsel, James Bopp.20
- A Lack of Jurisprudence: by the request of the Human Life Review, Brian wrote A Lack of Jurisprudence in reply to AUL attorney Clarke Forsythe who wrote A Lack of Prudence.21
- The Greater of Two Evils: Both the PBA "Ban" itself and Bill Clinton's veto were evil. In rebuking the president to his face for vetoing the PBA Ban, the Rohrboughs demonstrated extraordinary courage. And in the aftermath of the murder of their own son, they showed clear presence of mind to see the connection between the Columbine murders and America's abortion-centered culture of death. However, a few years later Brian would lead the effort to expose the PBA Ban itself as a fraud perpetrated upon the entire pro-life movement by National RTL (see above). When the Rohrboughs rebuked the Clintons, Brian, like most rank-and-file pro-lifers, had trusted National RTL and had believed that the PBA Ban was a moral and effective effort to protect unborn children and a worthwhile step toward abolition. Now Brian openly admits that he had not himself properly evaluated the PBA ban, which ban he now realizes was immoral and an otherwise counter-productive fundraising tool of the pro-life industry. So, even though the ban itself was evil, Bill Clinton's veto of the ban was also evil, because his motivation had nothing to do with the ban's immorality and ineffectiveness, but he vetoed the ban because he supports the intentional killing of innocent unborn children. (So which was the greater evil? Consider: Mat. 23:14, 23; Luke 12:48; John 19:11; James 3:1; 4:17; Rev. 3:16; and Ezek. 16:52.)
- Colorado Right To Life: CRTL saw Brian Rohrbough as a leader in the pro-life movement long before he became active with a pro-life organization. As he was speaking to tens of millions of people about the connection between official educational godlessness, supposed human evolution from animals, de-criminalized child killing, and the culture of death, CRTL asked Brian and he accepted their request that he lead the organization. As the new president of the nation's first "Right To Life" organization, Colorado RTL, Brian changed the direction of the organization which, after years of faithfulness to God's principles of justice, had begun to backslide toward the moral compromise and political failure of National RTL. Under Brian's leadership, CRTL began publicly confronting National and did so also at a special closed-door meeting of their national board in Kansas City (convened to consider expelling CRTL as a state affiliate). Brian directed that rather than asking to be retained, the CRTL delegation rebuke National RTL's leadership. (You can hear the unauthorized recording of that testimony.) Immediately after the National Right To Life board voted to kick out their Colorado affiliate for exposing the failure of decades of regulations, and for telling the truth about the recent Supreme Court PBA ruling, hundreds of NRTL conventioneers were treated to a hospitality suite 40 floors above the NRTL convention, hosted by the just-ousted CRTL group which bypassed the authorized NRTL program. This hospitality suite invited fellowship and educated hundreds of NRTL members about personhood. (See CRTL's Hostility met with Hospitality.) By Brian Rohrbough's leadership, CRTL did not confront for confrontation sake, but to honor God, to expose the immorality of the pro-life industry, and to re-direct a movement which has lost its way to support again personhood and the God-given right to life of the unborn!
- Pro-life Industry vs. Pro-life Ministry: In the years after Columbine, after realizing he and countless other pro-life Christians had been misled by National RTL, Brian began investigating what he came to view as the partisan-to-a-fault, revenue-obsessed "pro-life industry." As the founding president of American Right To Life, Brian traveled to Washington DC with his wife and their two children22 adopted from Ukraine and delivered a speech23 titled Pro-life Industry vs. Pro-life Ministry to a packed house at the Institute on the Constitution. That was the speech referred to above which led directly to the introduction of Maryland's 2009 Personhood bill. This video is a key resource for the entire pro-life movement and is an essential tool for anyone who works to recriminalize child killing.
- Brian's Writings: Some of Brian's additional writings include his article on ABC's anti-baby bias, 'Baby' cut from mom's womb, and on the first-ever overtly pro-personhood Law & Order episode, NBC show defends unborn!
- American RTL: Brian Rohrbough was the founding president of American Right To Life. He led in that position for two years (Nov. 14, 2007 - Nov. 15, 2009) and served without salary or financial compensation of any kind, and he required the same of all the officers of his organization, a practice ARTL continues today.24 ARTL educates Christians at home and abroad to oppose "exceptions" because an "exception" is actually the intentional killing of an innocent child, and to oppose the regulation of child killing, and to advocate personhood and the God-given right to life of the unborn!
- Life Commercials: Brian currently serves on the board of LifeCommercials.com, an uncompromising and life-saving ministry.
- 1. CBS Evening News freeSpeech segment
- 2. ARTL Columbine massacre information
- 3. CBS-4 News report
- 4. CBS-4 News report
- 5. CBS-4 News report
- 6. CBS-4 News video Library (search for: families at Columbine Memorial)
- 7. ARTL PBA Summary
- 8. ARTL PBA summary
- 9. America's Independent Party notice
- 10. Rocky Mountain News article
- 11. PresidentialElection.us article
- 12. Alan Keyes Wikipedia entry
- 13. Rocky Mountain News letter to the editor
- 14. ARTL article
- 15. Rep. Dwyer, Denver radio, ARTL audio clip
- 16. Denver's KGOV radio show
- 17. OneMillionConservatives.org recording
- 18. ARTL article
- 19. Celebrate Life Magazine article
- 20. American RTL article
- 21. ARTL article
- 22. Deseret News article
- 23. OneMillionConservatives.org recording
- 24. ARTL Salary & Benefits
Brian Rohrbough is a leader in America's personhood movement. Brian has served a term as the president of Colorado RTL, and then he served two years as the founding president of American Right To Life. Brian opposes efforts to regulate the killing of any innocent person and advocates enforcement of the God-given right to life of the unborn.