U.S. Vice President
Tier 3 - Personhood Later
If you care about Mike Pence, you will urge him to stop betraying the Lord and of the innocent.
Pence flip-flopped on "religious liberties" signing a bill to let homosexuals sue Christians.
National politicians "against" funding abortion always authorize record funding.
Pence's "pro-life" Indiana law does not save even a single child.
- Lesson from Presidential History: (Just below is a lesson from Mike Pence, but first please consider this.) Former president George W. Bush claimed to be against tax funding of abortion yet the Bush administration increased funding to Planned Parenthood by nearly a billion tax dollars over and above what Bill Clinton had been able to give them, and this was true even though for four years Bush and the Republicans had a historic monopoly on power with the trifecta of control over the executive branch, and the legislative branch, and the U.S. Supreme Court. And G. W. Bush gave Planned Parenthood all that money even though it is fungible, and even though in a typical year 98% of Planned Parenthood's pregnancy "services" consist of abortion. Further, just like Roe v. Wade was a Republican ruling, written by Republican Justice Harry Blackmun and passed by a Republican majority, so too, Republican George H.W. Bush initiated Title X funding, amounting to billions and billions of tax dollars given to Planned Parenthood. And as of January 2018, the Trump administration has given about $500 million to Planned Parenthood, fully funding them at Barack Obama levels.
- Lesson from Baby Body Parts Videos: With the public outrage over Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts, what should pro-lifers do now? Do we provide political cover for "pro-life" politicians and talk show hosts like FNC's Bill O'Reilly and Megan Kelly? O'Reilly's gullible pro-life audience is willfully ignorant to his pro-abortion position because he easily tricks them by focusing on late-term abortion while supporting the dismemberment of millions of other children. And likewise, Kelly grandstands against harvesting body parts from "potential life". Colorado RTL observes the following:
"With the viral body parts videos, America has run out of excuses. The abortion clinic says that they are merely removing tissue. But 'tissue' does not have a heart, lungs, arms and legs. Planned Parenthood is killing babies. Everyone knows that. And they're even selling the body parts. A baby is a person made in God's image so we must all fight to protect each child by love and by law."
- Predictable "Defunding" Consequences: A typical bill that would "defund" abortion actually clarifies that it will fund the killing of the children of rapists, and it will fund ALL abortions, performed for any reason, where the baby is killed in a hospital. (See the recent Republican defunding bill from then-Rep. Pence just below.) The predictable consequences of a typical "defund abortion" political ploy include that:
- claimed rapes in the U.S. will skyrocket (so the abortionist can collect his fee from the taxpayers)
- claimed life-threatening pregnancies will skyrocket, as certified by pro-abortion physicians who flaunt the law (abortionists have always refused to comply even with mandatory reporting for child sexual abuse, with abortion reporting laws, etc.)
- many unintended consequences will occur, not unlike with G. W. Bush whose campaigning opposition to tax-funded abortion led to an explosion of abortion industry funding of more than one billion dollars under the Bush administration
- respectable hospitals, ever in need of funds, will receive a windfall of revenue from a new-found abortion market and these institutions will become increasingly invested in the maturing and long-term stability of the billion-dollar abortion industry
- pro-choice politicians will get continued political cover from the Republican party enabling them to claim support for defunding Planned Parenthood
- pro-choicers with pro-life audiences like FNC's Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly continue to reject the unborn child's right to life.
- Lesson from Congressional History: Indiana's Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Pence's 2011 H.R. 217 bill explicitly allows funding of ALL ABORTIONS DONE FOR ANY REASON at hospitals, and also explicitly allows funding of the killing of some children in order to defund the killing of others. H.R. 217:
Title X, Section 1009
(b) does not apply with respect to an abortion where --
(1) the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape, or...
(2) ...life-threatening physical condition...
(c) does not apply with respect to a hospital...
Note: See American RTL exposing the traitorous Exceptions for Rape and Exceptions for Life that Planned Parenthood used to start the abortion holocaust itself, and which the pro-life industry and National RTL have adopted as their own, which effectively prohibit any ultimate victory.
- Worst Abortion Video Yet Makes Point About Fraudulent "Defunding" Efforts: As referenced in this 2-minute YouTube, consider how the Republican party and Bush family have provided record funding to Planned Parenthood:
- Lesson from Indiana History: House Bill 1337 signed by Mike Pence in 2016 is accurately described by the Indiana General Assembly's digest as follows:
Prohibits a person from performing an abortion if the person knows that the pregnant woman is seeking the abortion solely because of: (1) the race, color, national origin, ancestry, or sex of the fetus; or (2) a diagnosis or potential diagnosis of the fetus having Down syndrome or any other disability.
Like so many other abortion regulations (and as James Dobson wrote after the Supreme Court upheld the PBA "ban"), this bill "will not save a single human life." Aside from the observation that regulating child killing is morally abhorrent and only backfires, on its face, bill bragged about by Mike Pence permits the abortionist to perform ANY abortion as long as he could tell a non-existent inquirer that as far as he knew, the sex or disability of the fetus was not the only reason for the mother to procure an abortion. That's meaningless. (See news reports of pro-lifers opposing Pence signing this immoral child killing regulation.) Like child-killing regulations generally, Pence's support for HB 1337 is for political theater, overtly designed to aid his political career and the careers of other allegedly pro-life Republican politicians. This Indiana bill has nothing to do with saving the lives of innocent unborn children.
- Pence Campaigning in Colorado: Campaigning in Colorado on August 3, 2016, Mike Pence presented a contrast between himself and the pro-life officer killed at the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood, Garrett Swasey. Unlike Gov. Pence, Officer Swasey stood tall and repeatedly supported Colorado's state effort to acknowledge the personhood of the unborn child. For example, see Officer Swasey's signature on Colorado RTL's 2013 Personhood Petition. So what Garrett was doing at the clinic when he gave his life was what every personhood supporter tries to do at abortion clinics: save lives. Again, if you're a personhood supporter you try to save lives at abortion clinics. It's what you do. And if you're an ambitious Republican politician, whether like Mike Pence or like Ted Cruz, you refuse to support efforts to recognition babies as persons. It's what you do.
- Additional Pence/Bush Comparisons: Mike Pence is not unlike George W. Bush, who gets credit for "opposing" embryonic research when in reality Bush became the first president to fund embryonic stem cell research and he never fought to end the fatal experiments. Pence praised George W. Bush when introducing him at a 2010 Indianapolis pregnancy center fundraiser while overlooking the president's tragic abortion legacy (see alternative event flyer), covering for the president who gave Planned Parenthood over a billion dollars. Mike Pence, like G. W. Bush, is in a long line of ambitious politicians and fundraisers who campaign against tax-funded abortion despite the fact that they actually fund abortion.
Mike Pence needs to learn that no Christian should ever submit to the criminal who says we'll spare those children if you let us shoot this child. Likewise, no Christian should ever defend his H.R. 217 abortion funding bill.
Not only is Rep. Pence unwilling to take on hospitals that kill children, and not only is he unwilling to fight for those children he finds indefensible (some of whose fathers, for example, are rapists), but he sinks much further than that by explicitly allowing for Planned Parenthood abortion clinics to take tax dollars to dismember the children he finds unlovable or unworthy of a fight to protect. Pragmatism is what works, and "pro-life" politicians have failed for 30 years. Making "exceptions" declares the unborn child a non-person. If Pence and his fellow "pro-life" politicians cannot perceive the political climate in 2011 as the time to stand against the actual funding with tax dollars of the killing of every child, they not only fail as statesmen but they also lack political savvy.
- When You Run with a Wolf: Sadly, Donald Trump is Tier 4, Personhood Never. When Trump selected Pence as his running mate, that gave us a teachable moment. People are openly killing children. We must not squander the outrage with politically advantageous calls for defunding Planned Parenthood. Instead we must step up our efforts to recognize children as persons with their God-given right to life. It is not immoral to fight to defund the abortion industry; but more often than not it is a delay tactic to closing down the entire abortion industry and it is a diversion and sleight of hand (as with Megan Kelly who for years on FNC contemptibly and repeatedly referred to babies as "potential life") from advocating for the right to life of the unborn child. See also the two groundbreaking articles at AmericanRTL.org/exceptions and AmericanRTL.org/regulations.
- An Exercise for the Student: We leave it as an exercise for the student to research for yourself Mike Pence's complete reversal, blowing in the politically correct wind, when he signed a bill protecting Christians and others from being sued by homosexuals, only to reverse himself and within a week repealing that bill by signing its opposite.
[This report on Mike Pence is preliminary and needs to be updated for 2018. To recommend information to include, please use our contact form. Please also forward any information you may have about Pence' position on personhood bills. A Republican politician who only supports efforts to regulate child killing but never supports laws introduced to recognize the child as a person with a right to life are not unlike a politician in Germany would have been if he had supported efforts to minimize the Holocaust but never quite got around to publicly declaring support for recognizing the personhood and rights of all human beings.]