Loyal To Liberty
Tier 1 - Personhood Now
Alan Keyes advocates enforcement of the God-given right to life of all unborn children from the beginning of their biological developmen
Statesman: Widely acknowledged among pro-lifers as a true modern-day statesman, Alan Keyes is one of the greatest orators of our day.
- Presidential Candidate: Alan Keyes, of Loyal To Liberty, ran for president of the United States in 2008 with America's Independent Party. The AIP platform 1 states, "we recognize the personhood of all unborn children" and that there is "a moral imperative to fully establish in law that Personhood is granted by our Creator to all human beings from the very beginning of their biological development." 2 Keyes also ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 1996 and 2000.
- Senatorial Candidate: Alan Keyes is the only person to try to stop Barack Obama by running against him for both a U.S. Senate seat and for president. In Illinois in 2004 and nationwide since, Keyes has exposed Barack Obama's support for the killing of innocent children both before and after birth. For while Dr. Keyes advocates the protection of all children by love and by law, in a blatant display of his willingness to shed innocent blood, Barack Obama even refused to require medical care for a living child who had survived an abortion. 3
- Personhood Leader: Alan Keyes' fierce commitment to righteousness and the God-given right to life has helped launch America's resurgent personhood movement! Dr. Keyes addressed the media at the press conference that launched Colorado's historic 2008 personhood amendment initiative which campaign then inspired personhood legislation and initiatives in a dozen states! 4 Alan Keyes was the featured speaker at American Life League's 2008 Personhood Conference. 5 He attended Colorado RTL's pro-life summit of regional leaders which launched American RTL and the personhood wing of the prolife movement. 6 7 And Dr. Keyes selected the personhood leader and president of ARTL, Columbine dad Brian Rohrbough, as his 2008 vice-presidential running mate. 8 Keyes continued work with AIP and their unqualified personhood support 9 was in evidence through the participation of the party's chairman Tom Hoefling at the 2009 Las Vegas 10 personhood conference 11 hosted by PersonhoodUSA. 12
- Reagan Ambassador: In 1983 President Ronald Reagan appointed Dr. Keyes, who had been working in policy in the U.S. State Department, with the full rank of ambassador and in 1985 as Reagan appointed Ambassador Keyes as Ass't Sec'y of State for Int'l Organizations. In 1988 President Reagan said of Dr. Keyes that he, "did such an extraordinary job ... defending our country against the forces of anti-Americanism... I've never known a more stout-hearted defender of a strong America than Alan Keyes." 13
- Mexico City Policy: Alan Keyes, under appointment from Ronald Reagan, led the crafting in 1984 of the Mexico City Policy which required all non-government organizations (NGOs) that receive U.S. federal funding to refrain from performing or promoting abortion services in other countries as a method of family planning. Sadly, by this policy Ronald Regan (and by extension, Alan Keyes) agreed to fund the intentional killing of an innocent child if 14 his father was a criminal (a rapist) and in certain other circumstances. There is no justification for affirmatively funding the killing of one innocent Jew, nor of paying to lynch a single black man, nor to use private or tax dollars to intentionally kill a single child. The pro-life industry of the 1980s was morally compromised as evidenced for example by Reagan's appointment of known 15 pro-abortion Sandra Day O'Connor to the Supreme Court with the complicity and later-admitted silence of Jerry Falwell "I did in fact, keep quiet." 16 and the Moral Majority and other Republican pro-family leaders. Thus countless pro-life leaders celebrated this "Tier 4" policy which inherently rejects and undermines the public's understanding of the unalienable and God-given right to life of the unborn with which not even Ronald Reagan or Alan Keyes have the right to negotiate. However, the research team at ProlifeProfiles determined that Alan Keyes now places himself in Tier 1 of pro-life leaders by his repeated advocacy of uncompromised governmental enforcement of the right to life of the unborn child, by his advocacy of AIP's no-exceptions platform, and by his unrelenting support for the resurgent personhood movement.
Exposed the PBA Ban: Ambassador Alan Keyes (along with Alabama's former Chief Justice Roy Moore 17 and other courageous leaders); rightly condemned the U.S. Supreme Court's PBA ban ruling that effectively is a partial-birth abortion manual giving instructions to abortionists on how they can kill the same late-term 'fetus' (the justices indicate they prefer that term) by delivering her or him to the navel (instead of the neck), and then killing the child. 18
- Opposes Funding Pro-Choice Organizations: Dr. Keyes opposes using tax dollars to fund organizations that promote abortion. 19 20
- Opposes Embryonic Research: Of course Dr. Keyes opposes embryonic stem cell research, including of course experimenting on frozen embryos. 19 20
- Supports Personhood Amendments: In favor of a Constitutional amendment defining life from conception. 19 20
- Stands on Solid Legal Language: Dr. Keyes advocates for the government to enforce the the God-given right to life from the beginning of biological development 2 and he opposes suicide and the decriminalization of euthanasia and assisted suicide. 21
Keyes Tells Obama Why it's Wrong to Kill the Innocent: Dr. Keyes debates Barack Obama on the relationship between the death penalty and abortion, and the parallel between slavery and abortion, where the government viewed blacks as not sufficiently developed to deserve protection as full persons.
Summary: Alan Keyes is a leader of leaders in America's personhood movement. Because "exception" means to support the intentional killing of an innocent child, Dr. Keyes opposes all "exceptions" and he likewise opposes efforts to regulate the killing of any child. Dr. Keyes constantly reaffirms to the public the foundation of our national liberty, that all of us are endowed from our Creator with the unalienable right to life.
- 1America's Independent Party constitution and platform
- 2 a b AIP constitution and platform
- 3WorldNetDaily Jill Stanek column Obama supports infanticide
- 4Amendment 48
- 5AIP Keyes to speak
- 6Jill Stanek blog ARTL challenges NRTL
- 7American View audio
- 8RockyMountainNews article
- 9AIP article
- 10Operation Save America Operation save Las Vegas
- 11OSA Operation save Las Vegas
- 12PersonhoodUSA summit video
- 13Remarks for candidate Alan Keyes
- 14Answers.com article
- 15OnTheIssues report O'Connor upholds Roe v. Wade
- 16IMDb.com movie guide (34 minutes in)
- 17Colorado RTL open letter to Dr. James Dobson
- 18Colorado RTL PBA Summary
- 19 a b c Values Voter presidential debate
- 20 a b c OnTheIssues report
- 21Euthanasia.com Alan Keyes address